Latest update of SDS program (Student Direct Stream)
SDS is a priority visa program for applying study in Canada for citizens in 4 countries: Vietnam, China, India and the Philippines with the advantage of compact paper, fast process, no need proof of finance.
On April 30, 2019, The Canadian Consulate has officially announced that the SDS (Student Direct Stream) program will have some changes including:
- – Only apply documents ONLINE
- – Shorten processing time from 45 days to only 20 days
With the Regular stream, they still receive paper documents as usual.
Because they only accept ONLINE applications, we need to prepare the following documents and scan the PDF file:
– Transcripts, diplomas
– Valid IELTS certificate (overall >=6, no band under 6)
– Valid passport
– Criminal record certificate No. 2
– Medical exam certificate before applying visa
– Acceptance letter from a post-secondary designated learning institution
– Receipt of tuition fees for your first year of study
– Guarantee Investment Certificate (GIC)
In addition to completing the application, prepare the following costs:
+ Study permit fee: 150$ CAD
+ Biometric fee: 85$ CAD
No need proof of finance, only take 20 DAYS to process, study in Canada progress has never been so fast!
**After submitting online, The Canadian Consulate will send you an invitation to submit Passport and get biometric. Please check the information regularly!