Studying English at George Brown College- Canada.
Today, more and more students are oriented to study in Canada, but most of you are limited in English level, which makes you hesitate when you intend to study abroad.
In order to gain your English language proficiency when studying in Canada, George Brown College offers an English for Academic Purpose (EAP) training program, which is designed for students who are not eligible to go directly to the main program.
Benefits of Studying English at George Brown College:
– No English proficiency required
– To have the opportunity to practice with international students
– To be taught by experienced teachers
– To be able to use the facilities of the school when studying at George Brown College
– To have opportunity to get acquainted with school, friends before entering the official course.
– There are 9 levels for students, students will be given entrance tests to determine the appropriate level and placement.
– Each level lasts 8 weeks. Classes start every Monday through Friday.
– Students will learn 4 skills in Listening, Speaking, Reading, Writing and other skills such as Vocabulary, Grammar in the integrated classroom of the school.
At the beginning of level 7 or 8, students may choose:
– Continue the EAP course to a higher level, or:
– Complete level 7 or 8 for the main academic program in Economics, or;
– Complete level 7 or 8 for the main program in Hospitality
After completing level 8, you will receive an Ontario College Certificate. Upon completion of certificate, you have passed the requirements on English for Academic Purposes at George Brown and most other Ontario Colleges.
After completing level 9, you meet the English requirements for Bachelor and Graduate programs of George Brown and other Colleges, Universities in Ontario.
The EAP level will be equivalent to IELTS as follows:
|Overall||Writing and Speaking|
|5||4.0 – 4.5||4.5|
Detailed timelines for entrance tests and courses in 2018:
|Entrance tests||Timelines of each course|
- Start Dates: January, March, May, July, September and October
- Admission requirements: students are 18 years old or older
- Tuition: CAD 2688/ each 8-week term.
For more information: https://www.georgebrown.ca/international/futurestudents/tuitionfees/
Contact us for specific course advice
- Lectures 0
- Quizzes 0
- Duration 50 hours
- Skill level All levels
- Language English
- Students 0
- Assessments Yes